Desk research conducted by the EMBRACE HE team yielded findings from international empirical studies focusing on Higher Education Student (HES) mental health and wellbeing. The mental health and adjustment challenges that HES are confronting have been referred to as “a mental health crisis” (Chen, Stevens,......
The goals and objectives of the EMBRACE toolkit
• Provide a summary of the challenges in mental health and wellbeing confronted by higher education students, faculty, administrators, and policymakers around the world.
• Interrogate the issue of Mental Health and Wellbeing
• Provide an overview of existing knowledge and debates regarding student mental health and wellbeing
• Identify and promote a shared understanding of best practices that can enhance mental health and wellbeing on campuses across Europe. • Promote a holistic approach to healthcare and wellbeing that is flexible, adaptable, and responsive to student needs.
• Identify innovative intervention practices that can function as recourses for policymakers, student affairs professionals, university administrators, counseling centers, and other stakeholders.
• Enhance universities’ and colleges’ capacity throughout Europe to support student mental health and wellbeing throughout their campuses.